Sunday, June 5, 2011

Zoom w a View: The Harrison barn

My mother was a pretty good painter and, fortunately, I have a watercolour she completed many years ago of the barn that stood at the back of our family’s property in Norwich, Ontario.

My dad parked his car inside it but before he got home from work I’d practice my wrist shot in the laneway (out of the picture on the right side).


["Watercolour by Edith J. Harrison": photo by GH]

Unfortunately, the sound of the puck banging against the inside wall of the barn scared the chickens in the coop on the other side. (Coop is visible on left side of the barn in the painting, behind the crooked apple tree.) Egg production dropped off. I was sent elsewhere to practice my shot.

(Full story here at Practice makes perfect, eh).

Drat.

The crooked apple tree. That one’s on me as well but that’s a story for another day.

***

Please click here for more Zoom w a View.

.

No comments: