Tuesday, August 5, 2008

Live Small and Prosper: Enjoy things close at hand but don’t fall in

It’s summer time, it’s hot, the back of your neck’s feeling dirty and gritty and you’d like a wee vacation.

Hey, me too.

And just last weekend I drove my wife and a friend to Niagara Falls, a stellar natural wonder, on less than one tank of gas.

The trip included two stops at craft and art shops in Six Nations south of Brantford.

Our friend purchased a book he had not seen since he was a child and if he’d not been visiting from the Czech Republic would have purchased 30 pounds of craft supplies. Maybe 35.


In Niagara Falls traffic was crushing but the fresh air next to the falls was exhilarating.


Next time I’ll take a ride on Maid of the Mist.


“If there is a next time,” said my wife. “What if you fall in?”

Then she grabbed my butt.


Okay, evidence proves she grabbed my shirt but... in my mind...

More brilliant photos below.

And more.

.

2 comments:

Barbara said...

I really like these pictures of Niagra Falls. Must put that on my list of places to visit.

G. Harrison said...

come on a weekday, barb. you'll have a better chance of walking right up to choice spots in the viewing area.

cheers, Gord H.