Tuesday, August 19, 2008

Motorcycle Miles: Butterflies, wind turbines, an alligator and asparagus patch

Last Sunday was a perfect day to motorcycle.

I called a friend from Aylmer and told her to warm up my bike.

(She purchased a Suzuki from me two years ago but I still call it ‘my bike’.)

It was also a perfect day to go slow, stop and snap postcards from the side of the road.


My friend and her daughter are good riding mates. They’re pretty curious about their surroundings and will often explore one side of a ditch or asparagus patch while I’m exploring the other.


[Asparagus patch: photo GAH]

They don’t mind that I stop every 10 minutes to see what I can see.


Or not see. Where’s Johnny?


Johnny? Johnny?

.

3 comments:

Mojo said...

Great photos there Gord! The last one cracked me up. Sounds like a great day.

Anonymous said...

Never smile at a crocodile!!

G. Harrison said...

mojo and jesse,

thanks for the visit. due to house reno I feel 'pent up motorcycle demand' so the last two rides were very enjoyable.

the croc on Port Burwell's beach had a 'full' day too.

cheers,

gord h.