Saturday, August 16, 2008

My Point of View: I’m a geezer and have my own juice

Part 2

According to a recent letter to the editor there are six popular excuses related to drinking bottled water.

Well, no matter how many excuses are generated I’ll continue to think bottled water should be banned wherever possible because I think like - therefore I am - a geezer.

For example, excuse or myth 1 is as follows:

Bottled water is healthier [than tap water].


I say, what a bunch of malarkey.

I heard the first batch of bottled water came from a greasy hose out back of a garage.

Two guys started selling town tap water for 10 cents a pop because people were actually willing to buy it rather than walk home for a drink - and the practice continues to this day.


With a bit of effort and ingenuity we could carry cold water with us everyday - even freshly squeezed orange juice - in any number of reusable containers, conveniently, and drink something a lot healthier than bottled water.

Bottled water is healthier?

Not a chance.

Read Part 1 of My Point of View below for context.

.

4 comments:

Theresa said...

Cool. I'm a geezer too :) Thanks for the reminder to fill up my metal water bottle and put it in the fridge to take to work tomorrow.

G. Harrison said...

hi theresa,

my metal thermos fits nicely into my tank bag on my motorcycle; it saves me coffee money as gas prices rise.

cheers,

gord h.

Anonymous said...

I quarter-fill my husband's metal water bottle and put it in the freezer overnight. In the morning, I top it up with water and then it's lovely and cool for several hours! He drinks it after he's finished the cup of tea he takes to work for breakfast.

We're such geezers ;)

G. Harrison said...

good one jesse. such geezers.

cheers,

gord h.