Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Decluttering: The new habit is forming but...

Declutter Box 3 will be delivered to the Good Will today on my way to a 50-plus hockey game. I think someone will be impressed with this boxful of my old stuff, especially the electric drill.


The original chuck is still taped to the electric cord!

On my way home from the drop off center I’ll pick up another box or two. The new habit of decluttering is forming, a couple of rooms are a lot tidier than when I started, but I need to place empty boxes in prominent locations (e.g., beside the door to my study, beside my exercise bike) to remind me of my cleanup goals.


[“Next up. Camping gear”: photos GH]

I face a real challenge in the room I’m tackling next - a basement storage room/workshop. It needs a thorough cleaning, and it’s piled high with old beer-making equipment and camping gear that once cost a lot of money.

Some hard choices ahead.

***

Please click here for more about decluttering.

.

No comments: