Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Fun and Fitness: Playing on the big rink - fun

I plan to ride 100 miles per week on my exercise bike for the rest of my life.

Why? For fun and fitness. In my mind, they go together.

While I’m pedalling I’m also reading and turning pages. I recently read about several ships that sunk on the Great Lakes, including the Edmund Fitzgerald, 1975.


["Last week - 117.6 mi. NR (new record) - 375 extra miles. I'm almost svelte": photos GH]


["Roddy Doyle's book, A Star Called Henry, is done. Excellent. I highly recommend it to all. Above - the current lineup."]

No fun there, really, but the pedalling keeps me fit for hockey and that’s where some of the fun comes in.

For example, last week I sent my big slapshot wide of the net (w-i-d-e), but it went straight toward my winger and he almost redirected it past the goalie. I told folks I planned it that way.

Tomorrow we play on the big rink at Western Fair Grounds. Come on out. Our skill will amaze you. You’ll have some great laughs.

I know I will.

***

Please click here for more Fun and Fitness.

.

No comments: