Sunday, May 4, 2014

Bird Watching

Cardinals Have a New Address?

I may be in deep trouble this week. I likely won't get anything done.

And it's not as if I don't already have enough distractions from work just outside my back window. Like squirrels that test my patience. Birds at the feeder. An Annex that needs repair. Cats stalking my feathered friends. Rescued lumber with my name on it. The list goes on.


Now this. Not only does a nearby couple have what looks like a WW2 mine hanging from their fence, but (just to the right of it, close up, in the branches of my blue spruce), a female cardinal is starting to build a nest.

Maybe. I'm not 100 per cent sure. I can barely see her, but she's definitely busy in the protective cover of thick spruce boughs. And a male is nearby too.

I'll get back to you.

Link to Bird Watching 

Photo by GH

No comments: