Thursday, May 29, 2014

My Morning Smile

Laundry Vignettes

Yesterday, while hanging laundry to dry on the lines that span our back deck, two thoughts came to me.

["The collection grows"]

I must do something about my growing collection of pajama tops (e.g., the gold and grey shirts above, to mention but a few). I'm hanging onto so many T-shirts that are still too warm and cozy to use as workshop shirts (see spattered blue T) but are not good enough to wear to the coffee shop when I'm meeting up with a higher class of people.

["This just won't do"]

As well, I try to very discreet when hanging my underwear. I hang them only on the second line closest to the house. But it has come to my attention that, though my young neighbours behind me cannot see my UWs (thanks to a protective barrier of T-shirts and towels), my next door neighbours can clearly see the whole collection now that they've moved their BBQ to the raised deck outside their new patio doors.

["Oh, I can just hear what they're saying about my saggy bottoms!"]

Apart from hanging them up with my soggy hockey gear, what's a poor guy to do!?


Cautious Photos by GH

No comments: