Thursday, July 17, 2014

East Coast Photo Files

Trip Days 11 to 14 - June 19 to 22

["The trip was not all downhill or under gloomy skies"]

From Halifax to Fredericton, Riviere
du Loup, Trois Rivieres and Ottawa

["Heading toward Tatamagoughe and misery"]

Starting on Thursday, June 19 I would ride 1,600 kilometres in four days - along some familiar routes, others brand new to me : ) - to arrive in Ottawa on a sunny Sunday afternoon. Little did I know as I entered our nation's capital that the emotional highlight and heart of the trip would materialize three days later, on the very morning I was leaving it. I carefully planned most of the steps along my 4,800 kilometre journey, but not all. Apparently, not the very best.

I could show a hundred photos of beautiful scenery between Halifax and Ottawa. I won't. I could tell you in great detail about the lowlight of the trip, an unscheduled and unnecessary detour that took me atop muddy, slippery, rocky, scary Tatamagouche Mtn. in N.B. - and the worst motorcycling roads in human history. I won't.

I will say, however, that there were many moments when I spontaneously exclaimed out loud inside my enclosed helmet, to a captive audience of one ("Wow! Look at that! Amazing!"), and I had to get off the bike to take pictures that will never fully capture the moment. And there was a time, while speeding along at 100 km./hr. or more, I took photos with one hand and steered with the other and collected some of my favourite shots from the 1,400 taken along the way. (Right. I won't do that again).

Off we go to Ottawa, by motorcycle:

 ["Look, Ma. No hands!" (Note the bent tree in right corner)]

 ["I enjoyed covering 50 - 100 km. before 9 a.m."]



 ["Familiar old (unused now) train station in Trois Rivieres"]

 ["I'll buy that house. Right beside the St. Lawrence River"]

 ["My private table in Du Loup's hostel. Free wifi, and close to kitchen"]



["Somebody, turn off the light. I'm going to bed"]

Link to East Coast Photo Files

Photos GH

No comments: