Thursday, October 2, 2008

Five things help me stop worrying about my sad-looking RRSPs

I’ve stopped fretting about my recent financial losses.

For me there are now five bigger fish to fry.

While driving to the Dorchester dump yesterday with my friend Don I thought a few deep thoughts:

“Where does all my money go? I’m not sure.”

“Can I at least come up with my main expenditures? I don’t know but I’ll try because we’re not at the dump yet.”

I came up with the following five:

Food

Clothing

Shelter

Transportation

Recreation

The last two were easy because Don and I were driving to the dump to look for free lumber.


["I'm trying not to think about it.": Photo link]
Because the recession in Canada will likely get worse before it gets better due in large part to our government’s desire to prop up the old fundamentals of an unsustainable fossil-fuel based economy, and recovery will be expensive for the average consumer, I feel I should come up with ways to reduce costs in those five areas and build a stronger household economy.

Now I need to brainstorm - maybe even go beyond five fish.

Do those five areas apply to you? What other pricey categories would you consider?

.

No comments: