Monday, October 6, 2008

A love of recreational hockey runs in the family

Part 1

The following email just arrived from my 37-year old son who resides in Fenelon Falls [and you’re dead right... I don’t look old enough to have a son that age]:

Hey, Dad!

Finally got into a league in Cannington (25 mins from Fenelon). They play on Thursday nights and I would be playing for the sponsored Pefferlaw team at $250 for the season, which is a steal!

Here's the catch - I just made the tryouts for the Kawartha Old Boys (35+ league out of Fenelon) and they're a great bunch of above average players with a penchant for quality ale...

...I remember what I said to you when you retired ...

If I was retired I would play hockey all the time!    

Keepin' you updated!

Love, Dave



["Play hockey all the time.": photo link]

In other communications with Dave I learned how hard a time he had finding a league.

And I know he loves to play.

When he visits London on a day I’m playing he brings his hockey equipment and, for a small nominal fee, gets 100 per cent enjoyment out of hitting the ice with me and 25 - 30 other rec players.

[Is hockey in your blood too? How did it get there?]

Good for him, I thought.

I typed a response. Stay tuned.

.

No comments: