Tuesday, October 13, 2009

A hard-working hubby comes up with a creative fix

After purchasing one of my many brilliant bird boxes and placing it in a tree outside their son’s bedroom window, a family discovered that some neighbourhood squirrels love the taste of cedar.

Little beggars!

(Sorry, not the family - the squirrels!)


The nutritionally deprived rodents made quite a mess of the hole I had drilled ‘for birds only.’

But the husband came up with a brilliant fix. He even used screws so that when the squirrels return and mess up his work he can repair it again without having to pry out nails.

Good idea, I say.


["Fluffy sits on my Annex (spare shed), surveying his domain": photo by GAH]

My problem has not been with squirrels. Though I’ve made 60 - 70 houses this year and have a couple of beauts in my yard, 6 or 7 neighbourhood cats make a habit of scaring off any birds who take a liking to my handiwork.

Little beggars! (You know who I'm talking about).

***

Ideas needed re the cats.

.

No comments: