Saturday, October 31, 2009

Young at Heart: The hockey game added a wrinkle to my brow

With my new A. Ovechkin hockey stick in hand, I had hoped I might add three notches to my goal total by the end of yesterday’s game.

But men in dark jerseys kept me so busy playing stay-at-home defense I barely had the opportunity to get a shot on the opposite net.

So, a hat trick didn’t materialize. Not close.


["Waxed and ready for next week": photo GAH]

However, I’m not sitting here with my chin in my hands.

I stopped Junior (a tall, fast skater) from scoring more than a few times, and he wasn’t the only one who saw my A. Ovechkin stick (likely named after Alexander’s twin sister, Alicia: I heard she plays solid defense too) steal the puck away at the last second.

Next week - a goal for sure.

.

No comments: