Sunday, October 11, 2009

Thanksgiving Day: I’m thankful for more than a few things. You?

A lot more than a few, really. And where to begin?

Right off the top of my head...


I live in Canada, I have a lovely family, a wife who has the patience of Job and loves me in spite of my three failings (OK, maybe four) and a few pairs of jeans that still fit after long years of faithful service.


[Tobermory, Ontario: photos by GAH]

I’m thankful that my wife and I travel well together. During a stop at a church bazaar in Oliphant yesterday we parted company and arrived back at the car, purchases in hand, at almost the same second.

“What did you get?” she asked.

I looked at my bag.

“I don’t know. What did you get?” I replied.

We both laughed and continued back to London under sunny skies.

***

Thankful? Don’t know where to start? Give it a try.

More to follow. (Hey, it’s Thanksgiving - in Canada)

.

No comments: