Saturday, October 10, 2009

I Ask You Why: Why are SUVs so wide?

While driving back from Tobermory this afternoon with proof on my camera the sun came out once this weekend, I got stuck behind a slow moving SUV on a road that has so many twists and turns and ups and downs that it’s almost impossible to pass unless you’re riding a jet plane - with lots, and I mean lots, of torque.

My Civic doesn’t qualify. And I’m a bit cautious to boot.

But for about 10 minutes I felt like I was at the movies, all set for the main feature, with a good seat for once, and just as the lights dim a person wearing three toques on his head sits down right in front of me, and after 30 seconds of craning my neck I realize he’s not wearing three toques - he just has a very fat head and it’s not going to get any thinner any time soon.

Ok, I had a great (wee) holiday and that’s enough of my moaning.

***

But you know what I mean? Why are they so wide?

.

3 comments:

bobbie said...

They have to be big and wide to match their owners' egos.

Crazylegs said...

Fat. Asses.

And lots of cupholders.

G. Harrison said...

Bobbie and crazylegs are both right. we're batting two for two.

GAH