Sunday, October 11, 2009

Thanksgiving Day: I’m thankful for more than a few things Pt 3

I’m thankful (after spending a good chunk of time dusting furniture and vacuuming rugs this afternoon) that we live in a small house.

Gosh, the amount of stuff I had to wipe off was depressing. A bigger house might mean more stuff. So, small house - I’m done sooner.

I'm thankful my wife and I have a positive attitude about our future.




I’m thankful my youngest son is so considerate. He just called to ask if there was anything he could bring for after supper. He made a couple of tasty suggestions (“Chimay, or a trappist beer?”) and I said, sounds good.

I’m thankful that family members (from both sides) get along well together and bring much laughter into our home.

I’m thankful grandson Ollie is coming. I’ve dusted off every one of his train engines and cars. He can name every one. Thomas, Percy, Emily... the whole gang.

If you ever hear me complaining about my family give me a shake.

.

No comments: