Wednesday, March 17, 2010

From the Workshop: Stately birdhouse design from Pt. Bruce

On my way out of Pt. Bruce yesterday I saw a few more birdhouses outside a cottage so will need to return with my camera.

Perhaps I’ll knock on a door or two to speak to or locate the builder because one design I noticed is very stately, creative, eye-catching, what-have-you.


["A stately birdhouse design, with a bad floor": photos GAH]

Yes, the floor of the two-story is rotting out, but there is an easy fix for that, i.e., not to let the floor be open to the elements.

As well, plywood draws water like a sponge, so I’ll use modify the design and sort through my stock of cedar for a suitable base.


["A perch from Pt. Bruce, and a hidden floor": GAH]

And before I leave Pt. Bruce next time, I’ll stop at the beach to collect a few more small pieces of driftwood for a perch.

After all, I should use a few materials from Pt. Bruce if I’m going to steal a design from that area.

.

No comments: