Wednesday, March 24, 2010

Young at Heart: Why would I say ‘yes’ to such a thing?

April could be a really embarrassing month for me.

As some of you know, I drink many cups of coffee per week at The Little Red Roaster in Wortley Village - yes, the dark roast is yummy.

And for the last few months, not only have I been enjoying the coffee but a changing array of art work and photographs supplied by local artists.


["More CD frames underway": workshop photos GAH]

Because I also have a few birdhouses on display there I was recently asked if I’d like to show off a few more of my creations. (The owner wants to fill the walls again once the photos of scenes from Portugal come down at the end of March).


["You don't like the Stray Cats?"]

Caffeine, adrenaline, nervousness kicked in simultaneously and I said, without much thought, okay.

Gulp. I can’t just throw up empty wooden frames for CDs or LPs. They should have CDs and albums in them.


["More cedar LP frames are on the way"]

So, in April, albums reflecting my taste in music (along with a bit of prose and a few more birdhouses) will adorn the walls of my favourite coffee shop.

Laugh at the Stray Cats if you will, but I like ‘em.

Geez, I'm embarrassed already.

.

Just wait ‘til you see Barbara Streisand in one of my cedar frames.


She’s beautiful. And so is Ms. Streisand.

(That’s The Way We Were many years ago).

.

No comments: