Saturday, March 20, 2010

Port Bruce Birdhouses Pt 4: More than I can shake a stick at

Really and truly, the woman in the black and white sweater who had more birdhouses in her yard in Port Bruce than Carters has pills made my day last Thursday.

She also made my day today.

While reviewing photos of her colourful and eclectic collection of birdhouses this evening I came across the one directly below. It proves she had more than I realized.


While focussing on the one I didn’t notice the other above it. {Photos by GAH]


She had others with a hinged top for easy clean-out. (Probably enjoyed by more raccoons than birds.)


Notice the practical use of leftover roofing shingles. Good idea.


Could somebody answer that call, please?


A lovely rustic rests on a platform 8 - 10 feet from the ground.

Sparrows were active nearby while I snapped pix.

Though I have more photos than I can shake a stick at from the one trip, it's time to get busy in my own workshop.

***

Now that I’m developing the habit of looking for birdhouses while motorcycling I’m seeing A LOT more of them.

They are everywhere - and I’m happy about that.

.

No comments: