Tuesday, March 2, 2010

Today’s Weather: How long will the snow cover last?

In earlier posts I called for 12 inches of snow and hoped it would last for several months, to the end of February and beyond, so that Mother Earth got a much needed rest.

I got my wishes.


["It's cold and crusty on Ollie's Mt.": photos GAH]

Ollie’s Mountain is still 3 ft. deep and made up of crusty snow, so it should last for 2 - 3 more weeks if temps don’t slip above zero degrees for too long each day.


Snow in my back yard is not as deep but I hope it will last at least until after March break because my youngest son and I are planning to go to Ellicottville, NY after the break, and we want snow to be on the ground so that he can snowboard and I can watch him glide down the hills while I’m sipping local brews from a hotel patio.

I know many others want spring to arrive so they can work in their yards, prepare gardens etc., but if I don’t have to putter around outside until April I’ll be happy.

***

Are you counting the days until the snow is gone, or hoping it hangs around?

.

No comments: