Thursday, March 25, 2010

Ollie and Me: The kid uses a funny putdown on me

Ollie has been in our home long enough to know that when something needs to be fixed I’ll get around to it in my own sweet time.

Years will go by before I change a bulb.


["I'll help you fix it, Ollie," I said: photos GAH]

After Ollie’s mum showed us how to attach a wooden trailer to a toy truck I said, “I think Ollie and I can do it now.”

Ollie began to sing, to the tune of Frere Jacques:

“Ollie’s papa, Ollie’s papa,
Cannot do it,
Cannot do it.”

["You can't do it, you can't do it"]

All the adults were quite amused. And in his own three-year old, French-Canadian sing-song way, he made me happy that he’s going to be my buddy for a long time.

When I find time I'll teach him how to change a bulb.

***

Please click here for another exciting episode of Ollie and Me.

PS - I do know how to attach the trailer.

.

No comments: