Sunday, June 6, 2010

Back to the drawing board

After adding two strips of heavy walnut to the bottom of my wee boat, I felt certain it would not sit as high in the water as it had the day before, or tip as quickly.

Yipes. It sat higher and was more tippy. Or tippier.

So, Back to the workshop I went.

With steel strap I attached two large bolts (found near a disappearing railroad line south of Espanola a few years ago.


["I'll lower the bolts one inch or so, if I have time"]

Gosh, it’s too heavy now I thought as I lowered it into my neighbour’s pool.

Ha! It found it’s level position quickly, the nose sat higher than the stern and it floated to the other side of the pool just like it knew what it was doing.

It isn’t a pretty fix, but I can remove the bolts and add strips of iron if I have time along the way. If not, all is well, in my opinion.

.

No comments: