Saturday, June 5, 2010

I’ve been wrong before

I took new rain gear to Gathering on the Green in Wortley Village this morning. I felt rain in my bones.

No rain all day.

While I set up birdhouses for display a few drops fell from an overhanging yew tree.


["Birdhouses to the right.": photos GH]

That was the extent of any precipitation that fell upon my head.

Yes, I’ve been wrong before, but I can’t recall then last time I was so happy to be off the mark.


["Birdhouses to the left"]

My first customer of the day, Sonny D., purchased my one and only ‘radio box.’ I was so happy to meet the young fellow I forgot to mention that the last time I used the radios they worked like a charm.


["Both radios used to work. However..."]

However, the warranties are long gone and the price of batteries is through the roof. So, I recommend the box be hung on a wall, preferably near a pool table and a beer fridge.

With a bit of polishing the radios will look as good as new.

Though I’ve been wrong before.

.

2 comments:

Sonny Drysdale said...

It's a great Memory Box, Gordo.

... I'll check out how the transistors work with batteries later. Don't matter, I bought it because it was a museum-piece.

Happy trails - and I hope you sold enough at the GofG to warrant an extra afternoon in Halifax.

G. Harrison said...

Hi Sonny,

Thanks for your visit at the GofG. I had a good day, made enough to cover gas costs, there and back, and a few extra Propellor beers while relaxing in the arms of a fine pub.

I may have to make another radio box. I like the idea of hanging such a box on the wall. (You'll find a hole drilled on the back, ready for one sturdy nail).

See you in two weeks.

Gord H.