Wednesday, June 16, 2010

Halifax: On the way there and back Pt 6

Day 9

I miss my wife.

I miss Ollie. (Yeah, and his mom and dad).

I miss my own bed, the short trip to the bathroom at 5:30 a.m. each morning.

I miss my workshop, computer, fridge, Red Roaster coffee, bathroom, - even cutting the grass.

That's right. I'd rather cut grass than ride into the wind or worse, crosswind.

However, all that aside, I had a brilliant day biking between Fredericton and Riviere du Loup today.

I woke up earlier than usual because my room at the hostel happened to be directly under the second floor bathroom and whoever got up at 6:30 had the longest and noisiest shower in human history. (Now I know what all those pies were for on my bedroom ceiling. Plumbing.)

Once on the highway, at about 8:30, I made good time on both the Trans-Canada highway and secondary roads, enjoyed excellent weather, a great cheeseburger at Carl's Dairy Bar in Perth-Andover (highwat 130, the old Trans-Canada) and conversation with another long-distance motorcyclist on a 1989 Honda 600 cc touring bike w homemade metal storage units and luggage rack. (Yup, I was impressed.)

I arrived at my destination earlier than on any other day, so had some walking and camera time before stopping at a magasin for a salad and can of beans. (Oh, I know how to live high, I just don`t do it often).

Anyway, I`m off to join a couple of other cyclists on the back deck and enjoy a backyard fire. I hear rain is coming (my trip to Trois Rivieres tomorrow may be a wash out) so I`m going to enjoy the good weather while I can.

Cheers.

.

2 comments:

Crazylegs said...

Gord - I've been quietly lurking here and enjoying the heck out of your travels. Thanks for sharing your experiences - really and truly.

Ride safe and keep the stories coming!

K.

GH said...

Hi K.

The rain held off and today's ride was tops. So was the micro brasserie I found displaying an 'ouvert' sign at 10 a.m. about 45 min. ouest of Riviere du Loup.

Good things have been happening each day.

cheers,

gord