Thursday, March 12, 2009

Live Small and Prosper: Irrational fear about the economy is not a danger Pt 1

I’m a rational, reasonable, logical man. Hardly ever absurd.

So, when a Bank of Canada deputy governor warned Canadians recently not to be spooked by “irrational fear” over the economy [full news article], I wondered, are you talking to me? Are you talking to me?

I checked my handy-dandy Concise Oxford Dictionary.

“Irrational - adj. unreasonable, illogical, absurd: not endowed with reason.”

I breathed a sigh of relief.

That doesn’t sound like me at all, especially as I think about the state of the Canadian or global economy.

I felt even better after comparing deputy governor Pierre Duguay’s photo with the most recent one of me.



Honestly. Who looks the more fearful? The banker or the biker?

***

Are you filled with irrational fear? Why or why not?

More to follow.

No comments: