Friday, March 13, 2009

Live Small and Prosper: Irrational fear about economy is not a danger Pt 2

I’m definitely not filled with ‘irrational fear’ about our economic crisis no matter how often Bank of Canada deputy governor Pierre Duguay throws the words around. [speedy link to part 1]

I’ll tell you what my definition of irrational fear is:

Getting caught wearing a mirdle in my hockey team’s dressing room.

Diving into the Thames River down stream from Greenway Pollution plant and coming face to face with a hungry white shark (that’s actually a two-for-one).

Playing defense against another Duguay (Rick), a fellow on my hockey team (and banker in real life). He would turn be inside out on every shift (and hand me nine cents change) if I had to play against him.


Though Pierre Duguay says Canada will be hit with a string of alarming economic news during the next few months, I say again, no irrational fear.

A healthy concern, sure. A rational, reasonable, logical outlook, I think so.

After all, any economy that believes in production without limits and inflated lifestyles will hit the wall of resource depletion and debt eventually, and leave future generations with a big mess.

And there isn’t a mirdle strong enough to make the mess pleasing to the eye.

***

Why does deputy governor Duguay look so worried? Or tense?

Stay tuned.

.

No comments: