Friday, April 3, 2009

It Strikes Me Funny: Men are from Mars and I'm liking it

Yesterday I mentioned a recent trip to Value Village where I snagged a great pair of well-worn Levis for $14.99 that fit like a glove, or a very comfortable pair of jeans.


[My home planet: GAH]

Happy days. Sure, I can’t buy new in 2009 (iron-clad contract avec moi) but anytime I can score big on the reduce-reuse-recycle program of life I win. (And so does the Village of Values and the local environment in some small way).

These comments followed:

Jane at Gaston Studio said... "29L vs 30L! We women have to worry about other measurements like do they fit around the thighs or do they squeeze the life out of you; or, if they fit in the hips, the waist stands up out like a flag!

"


["I love being a 'regular' guy"; photo GAH]

Jessica said... "I wish it was as easy to buy clothes in the right sizes for women. Here in Canada, I'm a different size in different shops!"

Sometimes it dawns on me that I love being a guy.

***

And I had to ask myself, do we men (in my case, wee) have an easier time shopping because we’re from another planet?

.

4 comments:

Theresa said...

I think you have an easier time shopping because the fashion industry from another planet!

G. Harrison said...

You're right, Theresa. Vesuvian fashions are all the rage, and fortunately, far over my head.

Cheers,

GAH

Jane said...

But when are you gonna get "with it" and buy some flared legs, or boot cut jeans?
Can't ya just see yourself with some snake skin boots and boot cut jeans singin' born to be wild as you wend your way down the highway on your bike?
No?
Hazelnut

G. Harrison said...

Oh, I had the flared legs in polyester, corduroy and denim, and I liked 'em, Hazel.

But that was in the '60s.

Now, I'm just a 'regular' guy.

I do have a longer pair of Levis that I wear while riding the Virago; maybe they're boot cut, because I cut quite a figure if I'm wearing my work boots too.

Har!

Gord