Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Real Time: The TV show 24 isn’t as exciting as this

So, if you have a workshop, sweat about where to get good materials for a low price, make brilliant looking birdhouses (among other amazing things), sell a few items on the side, don’t declare the income because you’re retired and are somewhat opposed to working for the man, like getting your hands dirty, and your feet... then this story is for you.

My friend Don sent me an email recently and said the following:

Subject: barn board

Gord:

I knew the title would get your attention. I managed to make it to the dump yesterday near closing time. There was a pile of barn board that I think would be great for birdhouses. I took one sample so if you would like to see it, I could bring it in tomorrow.

Don


["The last of my lumber": photo GAH]

Oh boy, he got my attention.

I wrote back:

Don:

Let’s meet tomorrow. I'll buy coffee at The Black Walnut - about 9:15?

I am completely out of barn board at this time, and can use it immediately.


Gord

Can you not feel the excitement?

All of this happened in real time.

Stay tuned.

.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Barn board! I'm so happy for you and hope to see how you use some of it soon!

G. Harrison said...

Hi Jane,

I'll post a picture of the boards soon. Lovely!!

Cheers,

GAH