Friday, September 4, 2009

Modern Home Design: Choose Muskoka barnboard for your next home

You know, if you pick up barn board from Muskoka like I did - for free from the Bracebridge recycling center - then you’re well on your way toward creating an inexpensive four-plex... for our feathered friends, at least.


If you have a lovely cottage on Lake Muskoka and would like a birdhouse to match, you just let me know. I’ll give you a deal.

My wife says I should ask for 50 bucks each, and she knows better than I how many hours I put into them.

(“He’s always late for supper. He never comes when I call. I don’t know, I think he gets lost in his thoughts and loses track of time.”)


["Fall sale - just in time for what? Thanksgiving?": photos GAH]

However, since the lumber was free... I’ll ask for less. I’m running out of room in my wee shop.

***

Stink. I should have plugged them as a great gift for Christmas.

.

5 comments:

Theresa said...

That is one fantastic birdhome! (I shudder to think what shipping to Alberta would cost!)

carmilevy said...

They're not birdhouses. They're art. Triple digits, at least!

G. Harrison said...

Hi Theresa,

One day I'll make it to Alta. on my motorcycle; if I have room, I'll strap a birdhouse on top of my sleeping bag!

Cheers,

GAH

G. Harrison said...

Hi Carmi,

Great comment! (Have I got a deal for you).

I am moving toward 'woodcraft' and higher numbers slowly. At the rate I'm going, I predict triple digits by 2040.

Cheers,

GAH

PS Heard you on CBC Radio last week - keep up the good work, young man.

Theresa said...

It's a deal! :)