Friday, September 18, 2009

“What would you like for your birthday?” she asked.

“New motorcycle boots?”

I am fully aware it’s a big one (i.e., birthday - you only turn 60 once), and I wear 30 - 40 year old Grebs I bought for 25 cents at a church bazaar, so I said, “Let me think.”

My mind turned to several things:

Nothing. I’d like nothing.

I’d like to spend the day in The Shed moving 10 GH birdhouses down the line.

Two cold beers, rather than the usual one, at 5 o’clock on the back deck.

C Street, 6:30 p.m. A pound of one and a half inch galvanized nails. A phone call from my oldest son. A visit from Ollie.

Sorry, I can’t continue. It's 5:12. Company has arrived. And there’s two beers in the fridge with my name on them.

Cheers.

.

2 comments:

bobbie said...

Does that mean it's today?
HAVE A HAPPY !
60, huh? Your a mere lad. I have you beat by quite a few. Hope you get all those gifts you've wished for!

G. Harrison said...

bobbie, it is today and I do feel like a mere lad.

good genes maybe.

Cheers,

Gord