Tuesday, September 1, 2009

Reunion in Bracebridge breaks my heart but for the free lumber

Sure, it was great to see the family, celebrate a year’s worth of birthdays by taking 400 digital photos of people that haven’t really changed all that much from 2008, then pass $100 worth of Hallmark cards around the room.




But there were some downsides.

Sunday breakfast cost me a bundle. (“What’s wrong with toast and tea on my sister’s back deck, you guys?”)


And the old boathouse I wanted to buy and renovate was priced at $40,000,000 - so I was told. Pretty steep, in my opinion.


["How much? Get out of town!": photos by various Harrisons]

I admit, it is Lake Muskoka after all, and Goldie Hawn is only a few hours away by jet ski- but 40,000,000 smackers?

A trunk load of scavenged barnboard took the sting out.

***

The wee workshop should be busy this week. Stay tuned.

.

No comments: