Monday, September 7, 2009

You’ve been warned. Don’t forget old cheddar

Really, I know how to pack light - I just didn't this past weekend.


The couple that hosted my weekend stay on the Bruce Pen told me to just bring myself (which of course, hit all the right buttons) but I took along a tent, sleeping bag, other gear etc., because I wanted to sleep outside, and I stopped a few times during the bike ride north to pick up snacks and drinks for the beach, because if they offered me a cold beer I wanted to say, ‘yes, and would you like some fresh Polish snausage, old cheddar, crackers and extra beer with that?’


And they did, which proves I also can hit the right buttons on occasion.

["Blue skies, fillin' up my head": photos by GAH]

Next time you’re planning to sit on a boulder beach next to Georgian Bay you’ll know what to pack. I think the old cheddar was the perfect touch.

And don’t forget your camera.

***

Been to The Pen lately? Book a weekend soon.

More photos to follow. You’ve been warned.

.

No comments: