Friday, November 19, 2010

I Ask You: McDonald's Egg McMuffin - what's it supposed to taste like??

I know that Ol' McDonald had a farm. I used to sing the song.

EIEIO.

But on the way out of town this morning I picked up an Egg McMuffin for the first time in years (the coffee was free; that raises a second question) and by the time I was 5 miles down the 401 I was wondering, what's it supposed to taste like?

The English muffin seemed a bit off to me.

The egg didn't quite match up in the taste department, compared to the eggs I scrambled yesterday.

The cheese tasted a bit like plastic.

Good thing I had some free coffee to wash it down or else the meal would have been a complete bust.

***

I think I overpaid - $2.39 - for what it's worth.

Q2: Is that why the coffee is free?

.

No comments: