Monday, November 29, 2010

The Lite News: Belts and pants are still Made in Canada

Occasionally I complain about the fact I can’t find many items Made in Canada or in my home province (Ontario) anymore.

Ask for a cheeseburger or grilled cheese sandwich and chances are most of the ingredients will be Canadian (though the cheese slices will fall short of tasting like real cheese) but so many other things come from abroad.

Well, yesterday afternoon I received a surprise.


While shopping at the Village of Values I found a used leather belt, in great condition, for only $5.00, and - lo and behold - though it is stamped with the name ‘Buffalo’ it says it is made in my own fair land.

The recycled jeans I purchased, though produced by Levi Strauss & Co., San Francisco, California, were also Made in Canada.


["Great news, Canada. We still know how to make pants!": photos GH]

I’m feeling better today, for some reason.

***

One more purchase was likely Made in Canada too.

Read about it and view a photo here.

.

No comments: