Tuesday, November 23, 2010

Prince William and Kate: By now you’ve heard the news

Price William has announced his engagement to longtime girlfriend and commoner Kate Middleton.

I wish them well.

(I wonder if Prince William will ever take Kate for a ride in a British rescue helicopter? I think that would be neat. Do Brits call them choppers?)


["What's this button do? Let's find out, shall we?"]

Their wedding will take place in April, 2011 and I may get invited because Prince William said he wants other common people to attend - besides Kate - and I’m about as common as they come. (Go ahead, nod. You’ve read my stuff).

About my probable invitation - I wonder if Prince William will allow me to sit near the front of the church because of my height. I’d really appreciate it.

Can I take pictures during the ceremony?

Will they pass the collection plate? (I’d like to know ahead of time so I can change a $20 bill into legal British currency. Sorry, I digress - just a bit).

How much is a Canadian twenty in pounds?

Will that be enough to drop into the collection plate?

***

More to follow - as news develops.

More of The Lite News here.

.

2 comments:

Lannie Dee said...

I knew about the nuptials before it was on the news..received an email from my British email friend before the evening news came on..we can all learn from her..she is learning how to play a new instrument and joined a band at eighty yrs. young. Also her gardening prowess puts me to shame. And no I don't think you will get invited to the wedding, more's the pity..love L.Dee

G. Harrison said...

LD, sounds like you have a good contact in the British Isles - joining a band at 80. let's try to do that too, when the time comes.

G