Monday, November 15, 2010

I Ask You: Tough quiz - citizens of Powerville may enter

In an earlier post I made reference to a BSA motorcycle.

I even had a photo - taken fairly recently - on file of a BSA poster. How cool is that?!


Brilliant, I thought. Time for two quiz questions. Toughies.

Here goes:

Inside what diner did I find the BSA poster?

Inside which room in the diner?



["I'm pretty sure there are more dogs than that!": photos GH]

Hint: The poster lies within a 1 km. radius of Powerville, a hamlet where dogs appear to be very highly regarded.

***

The clock is ticking.

No prizes except for world-wide fame.

.

6 comments:

Lost Motorcyclist said...

My guess is the New Sarum Diner, in the room with all the car/motorcycle historical stuff.

By the way, neither Powerville nor Powersville are on Google maps. I guess the quiz would be too easy if they were.

G. Harrison said...

well done LM, New Sarum Diner is correct and you spotted my slip - re Powersville.

the diner is one of my favourites; the B & W photos and old bench seats are up my alley.

they have a glass display case from the home of Indian motorcycles too. a real catch.

cheers.

Jessica said...

I was expecting you to ask what BSA stood for. That I can answer ..... some interesting local-for-me history.

G. Harrison said...

Hi Jessica,

the BSA question never came to mind. Let's see... I'll just google it : )

However, tell me about the local history story.

cheers

Jessica said...

In WW2, my father in law's father used to be a bomb warden patrolling the factory on his one day off from work. He narrowly missed being blown up when a bomb landed on the works. I think it's interesting the company made guns and bikes - pipes is pipes eh?

G. Harrison said...

Close call, I'd say. Pipes is pipes, for sure, but I'm trying to imagine the factory manager's thinking...

jobs is jobs?

munitions is money?

patriotism?

interesting times, certainly, and an interesting piece of BSA history.

Thanks!

GH