Saturday, November 6, 2010

Made in Canada: I want a rain jacket made in Ontario

An email arrived today from Prince Edward Island.

It contained very good news from one of my three sisters.

LD, the reigning matriarch of the family, is moving to PEI when she and her hubby retire, and she is in the process of renovating an old farmhouse with much help from her island friends.

Here’s a snippet from her email:

“Since it's been raining here so much and I didn't bring a rain jacket I found a nice light red one at Value Village..the bonus was that it had a tag sewn on it near the side seam..Prince Edward Island..how great is that.”

I am happy for her. If I lived on PEI I’d want a red rain jacket too, and one made in PEI, not in some far off land for a cheaper price. (The cheaper price comes with a heavy price, i.e., the loss of Canadian jobs).

However, I don’t live in PEI. I live in Ontario.

So as not to be outdone by the matriarch of my family, where can I find a red rain jacket made in Ontario?

Does such a thing exist?

***

Related post right about here.

.

4 comments:

Jess said...

I found some snow boots for my daughter in Value Village that were made in Canada. SCORE!

G. Harrison said...

well done, Jess.

you and my sister are 2 for 2 at the Village of Values.

that's where I'll start. first, I have to sell a birdhouse to afford the rain jacket!

cheers

lanniedee said...

Wow, I'll have to be careful what I put in emails! I didn't tell you I also found a pr. of jeans here for $5.99 that fit like a glove and a white blouse. Rain jacket ten bucks, less a cent..talking to previous owner of our dear farmhouse today and she said she phoned the people across the road and told them they were getting new neighbors..she said: "you will really like them, they are nice people"..see there are no secrets here either..miss you guys..love L.Dee

G. Harrison said...

Hi LD,

yes, your neighbours are in for a treat; teach them how to play golf for quarters!