Tuesday, November 30, 2010

The Workshop: The phone didn’t ring once but...

When my wife visited me in the workshop this afternoon she informed me that she had left me a phone message.

A red light flashed inside my little round head.

“Oh, yeah. I said I’d bring the phone out here this afternoon, didn’t I,” I said sheepishly.

No wonder I worked for three hours or more and finished several birdhouses - one, two, three, four - without a single interruption.


["Yesterday's progress": photos GH]




["Today - all finished. $10?"]

We talked about ‘what might have been’ - had I only received her phone call.

“I was going to buy you lunch,” she said.


Though I paid a heavy price, it was nice to get three colourful birdhouses all lined up and another batch of eight (tri- and four-plexes) almost finished.


["One more will fill the old bench"]

If I remember the phone next time, maybe I'll get another offer for a free lunch.

***

How much should I charge for the painted ones?

$10? $15? $20?

.

2 comments:

Mystic Thistle said...

I really like those bird houses, especially the blue with the red and yellow. They make me think of Mr. Roger's sweater colors, which is a wonderful thing, I think.

G. Harrison said...

I'll get out the paint brush more often. It takes more time but seems worth the effort!

Cheers