Monday, November 8, 2010

Local squirrels prefer orange pumpkins. Who knew?

Hallowe’en is over and millions of carved pumpkins now live out what is left of their humble lives while rotting on porch steps or compost heaps across Canada.


[Nov. 3: "What should we do for Christmas?": photos GH]

The two that my wife and I carved (she won the carving contest much to my chagrin but she was working from a sketch) are not atop the leaves that blanket our garden.


[Nov. 7: "One of us may not be around for Christmas"]

After close observation - I studied the photos for hours - I conclude, scientifically, that local squirrels prefer to eat the remains of orange pumpkins over the white ones.

If there was a prize, I’d win this time.

***

More about the pumpkin carving contest here.

Raise your hand if you know what I’m going to do next.

a. write another post

b. warm up my motorcycle

This isn’t a hard quiz. Temps are in double digits!

.

No comments: