Tuesday, July 27, 2010

Family visit: It’s not all fun and games you know

When I visit family, e.g., this past weekend, it can include hard work.


[“First, we remove all the old boards and 4,000 nails.”]

Concerning this past weekend: I am not only better acquainted now with some of my loved ones but with a hammer, chisel, crow bar, screw driver, power drill and 12- and 16-ft. lengths of heavy lumber as well.


[“One of the many boats I’d love to own”: photos GH]

This morning, after my shower and while my skin was soft and cuddly, I removed several slivers from my delicate hands. So, my time away was no picnic.


[“The only boat I can afford - minus snazzy umbrella”]




No picnic indeed. Except for meal times and a few hours relaxing on the dock. Yeh, those times were like a picnic.

So I’m not complaining, eh!

.

No comments: