Thursday, July 22, 2010

Zoom w a View: Pt. Bruce smells like a good burger

While waiting for my lunch order yesterday (sirloin burger, coffee; no fries - a hockey game was scheduled for later in the day and I should lose five pounds) at a small lakeside cottage community, I walked beside a nearby boating channel camera-in-hand.


["Pt. Bruce - the land that time forgot": photos GH]

I noticed the horizon was hazy and dark clouds were moving in from the north-east.


I walked back quickly to the lunch stand.


After lunch I smelled rain (it overpowered the smell of burgers, onions and hot pepper relish), left town abruptly, got soaked within minutes, had to deal with bad visibility (raindrops between my prescription lenses and clip-on sunglasses are impossible to remove quickly) but, upon my 1100cc Virago, I outran the worst of the downpour.

I’ll surely return to Pt. Bruce another dozen times before winter.


In my opinion, it looks and smells great.

***

Please click here to see photos (of unusual birdhouses) from an earlier trip to Pt. Bruce.

.

No comments: