Saturday, July 17, 2010

From The Workshop: I’m going to bury a limb

In the next few days (I don’t want to offer a specific day. I don’t want to be tied down. It’s summer. It’s hot. I’m moving slowly.), before I turn donated barnboard into birdhouses (or a luge in preparation for the next Winter Olympics. Again, I don’t want to be tied down.) I am going to dig a hole and bury or plant an old branch into the ground near the ferns in our backyard.


["Old limbs. Debarked, sanded, coated with linseed oil": photos GH]


["A 4 inch square piece of cedar is easily attached"]

Then I’ll attach a birdhouse (Maybe two. Who knows? Time will tell.) to the branch and see how it looks.


I may even take a picture or two.

Depends on the heat.


["The workshop stays cool, so I may cut up lots of barnboard"]

***

Do you have birdhouses displayed in this manner?

Are they active, or do you have guests?

Let me know.

.

No comments: