Saturday, July 31, 2010

Zoom w a View: Common gulls on the north shore of Lake Erie

Yesterday, three seconds after my writing project of the day was completed (I pressed ‘send’ 15 minutes before deadline), I said to myself the following:

Writing is done. Workshop project (due the next day, i.e., Saturday) is done. The motorcycle is 30 steps away. Pt. Bruce is 60 kilometers away. Go.


The beach was quiet.

I was almost alone.


A light breeze brushed my face.


Common gulls filled the water less than 15 ft. from where I perched peacefully upon a log.


Not that log.


["Common gulls at Pt. Bruce": photos GH]

I flew the coop at 4:45 p.m. and arrived home in plenty of time to see the latest episode of Coronation St.

Life is good.

***

To C St. fans: Did Lloyd deserve a punch in the squash?

Wrong place, wrong time, wrong woman?

.

No comments: