Monday, November 23, 2015

Long Road Back 47

Broke the Sound Barrier


Sunday's weather was pleasant enough for me to walk right past my usual turnaround point (i.e., the span over the Thames adjacent to Thames Golf Club, one hour from my porch) and on to victory. Well, not really a victory with prizes and all, with names announced over a PA system, etc. (I had to do the commentary all by myself: See below).

But it was a victory of sorts, of minor proportions, as I walked on and blazed a new trail as I make The Great Canadian Comeback. Two hours, 30 minutes after starting out I arrived home with rosy cheeks and a thirst for a hot cup of tea.

Personal Commentary as I reached a new turnaround point farther down the pathway:


PA: So, how does it feel to reach this sign next to the Maurice Chapman Walkway?

GH: Well, first, let me thank my sponsors, Merrill Hiking Boots. I couldn't have done it without proper footwear. And second, I feel great, ready for the walk home.

PA: So, you've walked farther than ever before during your comeback. Can you tell us about future plans?

GH: Well, honestly, first thing on my mind is a proper important question. Is there a toilet near here? I gotta pee like a racehorse, as some like to say. Second, about plans, I don't see a marathon in my future but I do plan to walk through the winter and try to make each month a bit more challenging, you know what I mean?

PA: Don't know what you mean, really, but we've run outta time and you're getting fidgety. Toilets are open at the old Guy Lombardo museum on Wonderland.

GH: Yeah, yeah. See ya.

"I couldn't have done it without sturdy legs and Comfort Stations"

Link to Long Road Back 46

Photos GH

No comments: