Saturday, May 15, 2010

Because of one line, I now want to see Robin Hood (the movie)

I like things from the past.

Malt-flavoured Muffets, Red River cereal, Bobby Hull (a guy who can thank his lucky stars he’s even alive today), well-worn jeans.

Even Robin Hood, and he’s officially from the distant past. He’s older than Niagara Falls.


["The newest version of an old favourite"]

And because of one line in Liz Braun’s recent movie review re Robin’s latest movie, I’ll schedule a trip to a theater to see it.

Here’s the line:

“What makes the movie work, however, is the presence of Cate Blanchett and Max von Sydow, the two of them a veritable cottage industry in gravitas.”

I really, really like three things about that line:

Cate Blanchett, the sweetest lookin’ Bob Dylan you’ll ever lay eyes on

Max von Sydow, the ‘bad’ part of ‘The Good, the Bad and the Ugly,” a memorable movie from my deep past

Cate and Max as a cottage industry in gravitas in a 13th century setting - that really fits.

And it’s funny too.

Sorry, that makes four things. So, I really, really like four things about that line.

And now, I tip my hat to Liz Braun for getting me out the door on a weekend.

.

2 comments:

Lost Motorcyclist said...

Let me know what you think if you go. Apparently there's not much stealing from the rich or giving to the poor in this movie.

G. Harrison said...

First, I have to ask my wife for some money!

GH