Wednesday, May 26, 2010

Zits Strikes Me Funny: Give it a good toss

If you didn't see it, please go to today's Zits cartoon in The London Free Press or online.

Though I will carry a cellphone once or twice per month (e.g., occasionally when I go motorcycling) and will take one with me when I ride to Halifax in two weeks, I generally don't think about staying connected.

I suppose if the term for those who choose not to carry a portable communication device is 'unconnected' then I am one of those.


So is 'the dad' in the Zits cartoon.

Yeah, give it a good heave, man!

Us old guys have to stick together.

.

4 comments:

Jess said...

Consider me an old guy then!

Last week someone phoned me (on the landlines) and then paused our conversation because their cellphone rang. I heard the phone I was connected to get placed onto the desk and I was left waiting while they finished their cellphone conversation. Hmph.

bobbie said...

I carry one for emergencies only. Have used it when I saw an accident happen in front of me.

My blood pressure goes up when I see people ignoring their surroundings (particularly while driving) or their children because they have one glued to their ears.

G. Harrison said...

Poor Jess. Relegated to second class like that. That's gotta sting. Did you hang up?

I know that 'rising blood pressure feeling,' bobbie. I got shushed by someone on a cellphone when I laughed at a joke in a coffee shop. That hurts too!

Cheers,

GH

Jess said...

No I didn't hang up. I'm too polite.....