Monday, May 24, 2010

A Day Off Pt 5: Comments overheard or thunk up in my head

When I wasn’t snapping pictures yesterday I engaged in or overheard a few interesting conversations.

A young fellow and I talked about his 90cc Kawasaki (burnt orange stock paint, circa 1974).

“My girlfriend and I had it up to 45 mph on the way over to Long Point from Dover. We love it.”

I loved it too but I would be wary of taking a passenger very far.

Later, while sipping coffee at Tim Horton’s in Dorchester an old gentleman spoke with an old woman.

He said, “I saw your walker outside the liquor store yesterday.”

She quickly replied, “That wasn’t me. That was likely Norma.”

I thought, hey, we’re all getting older, but I guess we’re never too old for our favourite snoot.

I had another thought or two after seeing a sign south of Belmont that advertised the Hayhoe family corn maze.

For example: If Flo Hayhoe marries Joe Kehoe and keeps her name she’d be known as...?

I’d like to carpool to work with two Hayhoes. On my week to drive, I’d pull up in front of their house, roll down my window and shout, “Hayhoe, Hayhoe, it’s off to work we go.”

They’d get tired of it by Wednesday, but I’d keep it up all week.

***

Sing along with me.

Hayhoe, Hayhoe, it’s off to work we go...

Which dwarf got everybody up in the morning and off to work?

.

No comments: