Thursday, July 25, 2013

$5 will make me a million. Inconceivable?

Somedays I cross things off the list and other days I add on. This week I added on a sure-fire million dollar project, if two things go right.

Backgrounder: Two months ago, almost to the day, I encountered the deal of a lifetime. All I had to do was buy a $5 bookcase at a yard sale - worth so much more! - and transport it home on my bicycle. Mission accomplished. Now I have to get to work.

["I got it home and loaded it up with birdhouses"]

I have to turn the bookcase's seven boards of old, precious pine into 3 or 4 delicious birdhouses that will sell for high prices, say $30 each. Then I have to take that $120 and buy more lumber and make and sell more birdhouses and repeat the process until I reach $1,000,000. Nothing is wrong with the process.

["Five lovely birdhouses can be made, that's 150 smackers!"]

However, according to rough calculations, something else has to go right. I'll have to live until I'm 218. It will be a challenge but I think I'm onto something.

Photos by GH  

***

Please click here to read cross it off the list

No comments: