Thursday, July 25, 2013

from dresser drawers to birdhouses

A neighbour recently asked if I wanted the used dresser he was about to drop onto the curb. I took it for the hardware and future consideration re the lumber.

["The hardware and lumber aren't very old but they'll do"]

Most of the lumber turned into boxy birdhouses very quickly. The hardware will make interesting birdhouse perches on my next batch.


Q: Why didn't I use the handles on this set?

A: I assembled the boxes without thinking about perches. After the photos were taken and the birdhouses delivered to my basement I realized my goof up.

["Nice photo, Gord. What about perches?"]

Q: Guess what I'll be doing first thing tomorrow afternoon?

Photos by GH

***

Please click here to read the shop: work is piling up 3

No comments: