Tuesday, July 16, 2013

add it to the list (1)


In the 1990s I tried my hand at water colours. One attempt was a four-panel painting related to my older son's favourite book from childhood. I spotted the book in the living room recently ("David wondered if we still had it," said my wife) and thumbed through the well-worn pages. The thumbing prompted two responses.


I wondered if my water colour supplies were still boxed up in the basement. Maybe I could try one more painting.

I also liked the whimsical nature of the buildings and wondered if I should build a birdhouse or two that would be ready for Christmas. David is a birdhouse lover like his Dad and Grandpa, after all.

[Photo of Bear by Himself, a wonderful read]

[From Bear by Himself, by Geoffrey Hayes]

I'll add two more items to my list.

Photos by GH

***

Please click here to read western red cedar feeder

No comments: